Guess who’s back again with another diy? Me! I recently took down my ps (protective style), life of a naturalista, sigh, and noticed my hair looked like and felt like ‘cotton wool’, like my cousin would say. That alone was enough signal for me to know it was time to deep condition my hair.
So today, we’re going to be talking about a diy dc recipe I use.
Banana, egg, honey and conditioner dc mix.
Bananas are loaded with nutrients like vitamins and minerals that make it an important ingredient in home spa recipes and they taste divine too! The potassium and natural oils in ripe bananas increases the natural elasticity of hair, thereby preventing breakage and split ends and aid in combating frizz. It also helps in softening the hair strands by closing open cuticles. Eggs are one of the best natural protein sources, and help in improving overall hair health.
- Ripe Banana – 1
- Egg – 1
- Honey – 2 Tablespoons
- Milk – 3 Tablespoons
- Shea butter (you can use any oil of your choice) – 2 Tablespoons
- Conditioner – I didn’t measure it, but it was little
- It can get messy, so you might want to cover up or put on some old clothes.
- Mash the banana and add the beaten egg, honey, conditioner and shea butter to it.
- Mix thoroughly to form a smooth blend.
- Apply this hair pack evenly on your hair and cover it up with a shower cap. I didn’t have a shower-cap at hand, so I substituted with a nylon bag (Don’t judge. Performed well too)
- Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse your hair well with water.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.