Here’s a lil motivation for someone, anyone.
I’m turning 20 in about 3 months *whoop whoop * and in all honesty I don’t know how I’m supposed to handle that. I considered posting this 20 days to my birthday, but since I drafted it, it made sense to just put it up. I’ll be sharing a few things (20 precisely) that I’ve learnt before 20. And so, in no particular order, here are 20 things I’ve learned before 20;
- It’s alright to ask for help. Asking for assistance isn’t a sign of weakness.
- Listen to your parents,they have a lot to say. Parents don’t necessarily have to be the people who gave birth to you, they can be older siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors. Anybody really, who means well.
- Friends are the spice of life, but you have to be careful with the ones you use. You can’t use all in one go. As time goes, new spices are discovered. Get lost in the flavor of life.
- Don’t let fear of the unknown limit you. There’s more to life than existing in fear.
- You are here for a purpose,you either know now or you’ll know later.
- Rest when tired.
- Laugh when you can.
- Don’t be afraid to cry. It’s not bad to be emotional.
- Listen to others. Be a listening ear to someone. It goes a long way.
- Talk to someone. Make new friends (this isn’t so easy for me) or keep in touch/ stay connected with the old ones.
- Try out new things. Travel, taste new dishes, accomplished new tasks from your bucket list. Make one if you don’t already have one.
- Set goals for yourself. I’m not big on the New Years resolution (you shouldn’t have to wait for the year to begin to accomplish anything, you can do it right now) and I believe in now.
- Forget thinking outside the box. There is no box. Don’t limit yourself.
- Speak the truth. To both yourself and others. It might hurt, but it’s worth it in the long run.
- Read a new book every month. Oh the adventures you can have in the pages of a book.
- Communicate. Don’t suffer in silence. Having a problem, speak out. You’re not an island.
- Watch cartoons.
- Listen to good music.
- Say no to stereotypes.
- Trust God. Always.
And because I’m feeling extra, here’s one final lesson; Be the best version of yourself,don’t compare yourself to others. *In Dj Khaleds voive* ‘Don’t play yourself’.
Have a beautiful week ahead!