Let’s get into it shall we? As you know I changed bases and just in case you missed it, you can read about it here, and during this period, my skin has been trying to adapt to the weather and environment and it seems to be failing quite miserably if I may add.
I remember seeing a post by Tracy Charles on black soap and the wonders it’s been performing for her and even though I had mentioned it as one of my faithful’s in skin care (here), I never used it for a long period of time in a bid to restore or as a regiment. I just used it because I never had breakouts/ reactions when I used it. So I thought to myself, why not try for that reason? So, here I am. I’m going to be undergoing a 30 day (almost all, because I can’t give up sunscreen *sigh*) natural skincare routine.
(P.s I actually started this 11 days ago, seeing results already too!, but never got round to posting this)
My routine (i.e things I’ll be using for the next 30 days) will include;
- My modified version of the chocolatey body wash – black soap (Tropicals dudu osun), coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, honey
- Coconut oil and shea butter – mixed together
- Mayanga by 4th & base – because I’m an exfoliation junkie
- Sunscreen – crucial in protection against the sun
- Lubriderm – to keep the moisture locked in.
I’m not going to bore you with the benefits of black soap, shea butter and coconut oil and the likes. It’s not a secret anymore, but you can read about some benefits and what nots of black soap (here).
I’m hoping these would give my skin the extra boost to win the struggle it’s been facing and hopefully improve too!
I’ll be keeping you up to date on how it’s going and will compare before with after the 30 day trial period and then who knows, it might become a permanent thing.
- Wash your face twice daily.
- Moisturize after cleansing.
- Change your pillowcase weekly – this is hard 😦
- Wash/ disinfect your makeup brushes and sponges weekly.
- Disinfect your phone surface weekly.
- Do not pick your face.
- Eat healthy and right.
Have a lovely week! Don’t forget to make someone smile today! 😉