I’ve never been one for New year resolutions, but the thing that has seemed to stick for and with me are bucket lists. Basically a bucket list is a list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term “kicked the bucket”.
Here’s my “still-working on” bucket list in no particular order. Before I die, I want to;
- Visit all 36 states in Nigeria. I’m down by 10 now. So 26 more to go!
- Own a personal library. The love I have for old books is deeper than the ocean.
- Go on a road trip with a bunch of my friends and camp out at cheap but clean hotels and have the typical shitty breakfast and binge on junk. Then explore the town and hit a couple of tourist spots.
- Get a small tattoo that means a lot to me and not care what anyone has to say about it because hey, I did it for me.
- Harry Potter maniacs where you at?!!! I don’t care if this doesn’t actually exist the way it does in the movie, but I really see myself going there someday. Just for the thrill.
- World tour!! Or maybe Africa tour? But I won’t mind starting off with a Nigeria tour. 😥
- Overcome my fears of water and heights. I’m working on the heights thing, but water and I? We don’t exactly mix.
- Work for and with children. Little bundles of love and joy!
- Figure out my stand spiritually. Currently at that stage where I have a lot of questions and tons of doubts.
- Write till I drop. There are too many stories to share
- Make a difference.
- Do something big.
- Live. Because life is worth it!
That’s it for now. I’ll keep you updated if things change. Thanks for reading!
Do you have a bucket list?
What are the things on your bucket list?
How far have you gone in ticking the things off?
Let me know, leave your comments below!