So, we’ve come to the end of 2016. I must say, it was fast and a crazy ride. A year of many firsts, saying tons of no’s and focusing on the things that really mattered. I began to discover who I was after many years and started the journey of accepting myself unapologetically (I don’t know if that is a valid word) and it has been a blast. I’m not where I envisioned myself at the end of the year, but I’m almost there and I’m grateful all the way.
2016 is practically over and the question to be asked what next?
If you’re a hardcore reader of my blog, it’s no secret I’ve said my piece on growing up and adulting and all the others, and 2017 is just around the corner (quite literally) and I’m at loggerheads as to what the next step should be. Do I continue or stop the various things that have been set in motion?
I’ve been deep in thought as to what the next step should be and I guess now I have an idea of what I want my next step to be.
- Finishing uni and finishing well. The years spent can’t be in vain.
- I think I’m interested in building/ joining a team; photographers, writers, travelers etc. We grow when we are surrounded with people who can positively influence you and your craft. I just want to be surrounded with people who share the same interests. If you are/ know anyone that might be interested, hit me up.
- Writing more, and not just blog work, but actual literature. I remember I used to write a lot when I was much younger. Its time to start again.
- Working with brands, whether start-ups or already established, are part of my list biko. Its time to put my craft out there.
- I’m looking forward to growing a brand. I’ve always been artsy and maybe its time to put that to great use. Too many ideas floating around in this cranium of mine.
- Maybe pick up my paint brush once more. Let’s see how that goes.
- Getting out of my comfort zone in all aspects. Time to be bold when it comes to networking and perfecting my craft.
- Being a better person; daughter, sister, aunt, friend. ‘Be the person you would want others to be towards you’.
- Networking! I have come to learn this year that you can’t survive/ thrive as an island. You need to have to have a web of people to actually succeed.
- Stay happy. It’s in my hands. I read ’45 Lessons Life has Taught Me’ by Regina Brett ‘Its never too late to be happy. But its all up to you and no one else’.
That should be it for now. I’m curious as to what 2017 holds and praying for a year as great as 2016 and even better.
So, this is me, Enoabasi of Uyai by Eno, officially signing out for the year and saying thank you to all who have been right from start, halfway or newly on this journey with me. Its been a swell ride. And to those who take time out to drop comments and personal messages, thank you very much.
Thanks for sticking to the end. If you haven’t subscribed to my mailing list, it’ll be a great choice to do just that asap. The new year is going to be filled with goodies specially for you. You’re a click away from joining the A team.