These are the dos and donts for life that everyone should know.
1. Don’t make comments about weight if you’re not sure the reception will be mutual or tell someone you don fat finish. I remember being in a bus and we got stuck in traffic (because inevitable) and a passenger saw an old friend who genuinely seemed excited to see him till he said the killer words; ‘omo you don fat finish’. Talk about conversation killer.
2. Don’t be loud. When in public, use your outside voice. Try not to discomfort people when holding a conversation with others. I can’t count how many times I’ve cringed when some people unknowingly or knowingly drag me into their conversation and it’s awkward having to find a way to make my mind travel and also try to avoid eye contact.
3. Encroaching on personal space. This reminds me of all the times I’ve had to ask for my personal bubble back. You know those moments where you’re just trying to enjoy your company and a person just comes in and tries to get inside your head.
4. Proper chewing manners. Biko try and keep the chewing process a mystery. It’s upsetting to watch how food breaks down.
5. You’re not the only one in the world. Try and show some consideration a day. It goes a long way.
6. Before you say something, take time off and think. Is it helpful? Is it true? Is it hurtful? Does it make a positive difference? And most importantly, is it kind?
As usual, thanks for stopping by. Please be sure to leave your own opinions of what etiquettes should be.